Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever wear these boots for fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever wear these boots for fishing?

What do you think? I'm trying to decide on a new winter fishing boot to wear on the boat. Anyone have any experience with these boots?

Arctic Sport, Mid
    Extreme-Conditions Sport Boot
    All the standard MUCK BOOTâ„¢ features plus:

Stretch-fit topline binding snugs leg to keep warmth in and cold out
    5mm CR flex-foam bootie with four-way stretch nylon, 100% waterproof, lightweight and flexible
    MS-1 molded outsole is rugged, aggressive and durable for maximum protection and stability
    Double reinforcements on the instep, heel and achilles areas
    2mm thermal foam underlay added to the instep area for additional warmth
    EVA molded midsole with contoured footbed
    Reinforced toe
    Added toe protection with a wrap-up bumper
    Comfort range of -40° F to 60°F
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    TEAM LEFT HOOK
    OCYC & OCMTC
    2006 29FS

I looked at Mucks but was a little leery of the black soles marking the deck.I just bought these Guy Cottens to try out,we'll see!
    Astron Boots
    Astron Boots with Liner AST

Warm & comfortable.
    Size: Price: $68.00
    Qty:
    Astron Lined Boots...no larger view available.
    Hmm,pic won't load but I purchased them from Cape Port Supply,next to West Marine,Cape May for $65.50/pair with liners.I think Sea Gear in Cape May also carries them.Most of the winter grade boots I looked at had black soles.
    2003 26FS twin F225s gone NEW F250s
    2000 17'Carolina Skiff 60 Yam SOLD
    13'Higbee Duck Machine sneakbox 15 Johnson
    Newly acquired 2003 CAROLINA SKIFF J12 Suzy 25
    Newly acquired Roy Schellinger low boat 15 Suzy sneakbox

Comment

Here we go,

Comment

boots

I just picked up some of these Arctic Sports and love them. By far the warmest boots I have ever owned, nice thick soles for shock absorbtion and they never get damp inside from your feet sweating. Normally I have to dry out my boots on a boot dryer overnight but not these. I have not found them to mark the deck, the only negative is that they can be a little slippery.

Comment

Muck boots Cikana have worked very well for me for years.
          Attached Files
          www.fattunaguides.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHook View Post
            What do you think? I'm trying to decide on a new winter fishing boot to wear on the boat. Anyone have any experience with these boots?

Arctic Sport, Mid
            Extreme-Conditions Sport Boot
            All the standard MUCK BOOTâ„¢ features plus:

Stretch-fit topline binding snugs leg to keep warmth in and cold out
            5mm CR flex-foam bootie with four-way stretch nylon, 100% waterproof, lightweight and flexible
            MS-1 molded outsole is rugged, aggressive and durable for maximum protection and stability
            Double reinforcements on the instep, heel and achilles areas
            2mm thermal foam underlay added to the instep area for additional warmth
            EVA molded midsole with contoured footbed
            Reinforced toe
            Added toe protection with a wrap-up bumper
            Comfort range of -40° F to 60°F
            Staying in later this year? They look nice.. I want to get something warmer this year too.....

Comment

Originally posted by aj bruno View Post
              Staying in later this year? They look nice.. I want to get something warmer this year too.....
              Not necessarily......just that I fish on someone's little red boat pretty often in Dec/Jan and am always freezing to death for some reason.
              sigpic
              TEAM LEFT HOOK
              OCYC & OCMTC
              2006 29FS

Comment

Not necessarily......just that I fish on someone's little red boat pretty often in Dec/Jan and am always freezing to death for some reason.
                funny!AJ,LH,do you guys fish for cod?I've heard of pretty decent catches last year and I'm thinking of running into Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by billfishnfool View Post
                  funny!AJ,LH,do you guys fish for cod?I've heard of pretty decent catches last year and I'm thinking of running into Jan.
                  I have NOT fished for cod. I would consider doing a trip though.....maybe. I'd have to be on a good (enclosed) boat with someone who knows the game.
                  sigpic
                  TEAM LEFT HOOK
                  OCYC & OCMTC
                  2006 29FS

Comment

I have NOT fished for cod. I would consider doing a trip though.....maybe. I'd have to be on a good (enclosed) boat with someone who knows the game.
                    We'll have bring Don a nice warm thermos of hot coco to be warm.

Comment

Originally posted by billfishnfool View Post
                      Bill, I have caught them this summer as bycatch. Have a good idea where to get them when they are thick. I am actually gonna pull the boat earlier this year due to my dock being replaced and travel obligations. I am having the bottom soda blasted this winter, an enclosure put on. The goal is to be ready by april 1, the cod fishing can be really good early in the year from what I understand...

Comment

AJ,I had some really good reports last winter of cod catches.I might do a "prospecting"run in a coupe of weeks.It's been at least 30 years since I fished for them.It seems they're making a comeback in our waters.

Comment

New Footwear

OK, I bought the Artic Sports. I'll post performance data once I get to wear them a few times
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          TEAM LEFT HOOK
                          OCYC & OCMTC
                          2006 29FS

Comment

good choice

Comment

I ordered a pair of Muck Boots,CIKANA Fishing boot.I ordered a size bigger than my normal size in order to wear multiple pairs and or heavy wool socks in cold weather.I wore them last week and temps dipped to high 30s,they were pretty warm but my Guy Cottens I believe are a little warmer.The Mucks however have more support and form which made them more comfortable than the Cottons.The Mucks also are a shorter boot covering just above the ankle where the Guy Cottons come to above the calf.Either pair would probably be great boots to fish in.They both have excellent non skid,non marring soles.

Muck CIKANA

Guy Cottens

Last edited by billfishnfool; 11-17-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X