Striper Wire line Reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striper Wire line Reels

Looking to upgrade our TLD25 wire striper reels. I have used the newer Tekota Line counter with braid on my buddies boat and I have to say I reeled in an over striper and it was very smooth and easy enough for my wife to do it no problem. Only problem is I want to run wire and the new style Tekota does not have an 800 just the old style. I am not sure if the old style will perform like the new. The handles are noticeable different, along with the design. Any info or suggestions would be great. Looking for a line counter model.
    A buddy threw a wrench into this by saying the Okuma Cold Water Line counter is amazing? It is about half the price and reviews are mixed.
    "Glorys Days"

32 Reg
    26 Reg FS (sold)
    17 sea pro sv

I got away from wire and use 65# braid on an Avet LX Raptor. Works great with MoJos.
    Yam F300
    2011 23FS
    sigpic
    "Get Bent"

Comment

After working on a charter boat for years, I do anything I can to avoid wire line trolling.

I’d go braid, even a drail/ inline weight over wire
      2000 23 Classic W/ 300 Suzuki - Sold
      2004 32FS w/ Twin 300 Suzuki

Comment

I still am stuck on my old ways where nothing fishes like wire does I guess. I know it has its pitfalls but I still prefer it to braid.
        "Glorys Days"

32 Reg
        26 Reg FS (sold)
        17 sea pro sv

Comment

My advice is stay away from Okuma... they sound good and look good and the price might be right, but they arent worth it... Stick with Shimano

The older Tekota's are great reels and the 800's are what a lot of guys use for wire here at the Jersey Shore.

After decades of dragging wire, I switched to the older Tekota 600's with 50lb braid and use Tandem Mojo's or the new spoons made for braid. It's a game changer
          1996 23' Classic
          Twin 150 HPDI's

Comment

How do you know the depth when running braid?
            "Glorys Days"

32 Reg
            26 Reg FS (sold)
            17 sea pro sv

Comment

Working...
            X