RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Old 09-10-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford1320 View Post
I have owned a 24 and now have a 26. The 26 has about double the space between the leaning post and transom. Also more storage in the the boat as well, 26 has two foot lockers at the step and a larger anchor locker.

I tend to use the forward seating storage for fish boxes, the ones on the 24 are longer (which I like better). On the 24 the forward seating carries to the anchor locker. On the 26 the anchor locker is larger which takes away from the forward seating storage.

The main fish locker is also larger on the 26.

The 26 is diffenatly a better fishing platform because of the room, ride, storage etc.
Is there more deck space forward of the step up? Also, is the console larger? It appears the top of the console is a good bit larger fore and aft and the flat shelf on the console which is located between the steering wheel and electronics is also larger?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gunner View Post
Is there more deck space forward of the step up? Also, is the console larger? It appears the top of the console is a good bit larger fore and aft and the flat shelf on the console which is located between the steering wheel and electronics is also larger?
There is more deck space forward of the step. The console is larger on top and it is deeper inside. The layout between the two is different and the 26 does have more room inside console. There is also more room for batteries or other electronics.

If it matters to you, you can add way more speakers in the 26 vs 24 as well.

Backing the two in a slip you can really notice the overall length difference. I have had my 26 (and 24 when I had it) docked beside a 31 Yellowfin many times and overall length between the two does not appear to be that much. The 24 however seemed way shorter than the Yellowfin.