RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Old 08-23-2018, 09:31 AM

Default 26 regulator boot stripe

Whats up guys, just purchased a new to me 2001 26 reg and Im looking to replace the boot stripe.
The current stripe measures a overall width of 2 with the bottom stripe being 1 then 1/2 gap then 1/2 stripe.
I called regulator and all they have is the new style stripe that is 3 stripes and is 2-5/8 tall
What Im trying to do is replace my current one with a newer style that I see some boats have and it looks like they have a thicker bottom stripe and then a thin top stripe and your able to put the regulator sticker over the fat stripe
Does anyone know the measurements of that style of stripe?
Thanks
Old 08-23-2018, 11:11 PM

Hello & Welcome........ GOOD LUCK with your new ride. Did same thing you mentioned 2 years ago to my 26 & got the Roll from Regulator Dealership. Think was 1/2 roll about 150. Will get the 3 stripes in one roll but the widest strip is maybe 1/4 less then the d stripe BUT when its done it looks Great ! Dont forget to order the Regulator Name too in white just line the new boats have. Put the name on last after the boot stripe adheres for a day. Hardest part of removing the old one was where the fuel vents are. Naturally the tank overflows in the heat or when topping off at the dock I peeled off maybe 20 under the fuel vents and would say it took me 4hrs. Rest was easy. Spray on adhesive remover, rub it inNd a electric heat gun did the rest....... good luck any questions just PM me Tje Care
Old 08-24-2018, 06:17 AM

Did mine last year. Went to the dealer and ordered new style stripe and Regulator name that goes over the stripe. Don't remember the exact measurement of the stripe but as I recall it only came in one size roll. I used a heat gun to get mine off. Was pretty easy.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:09 PM

How much is a roll from the dealer or Regulator? Would a local sign guy be less?
Old 08-25-2018, 04:57 PM

When I refurbished my sailboat we did the boot stripe in Awlgrip. After looking at my Regulator, that's the way I'm going to do it. That makes the stripe permanent and won't peel nor will gas hurt it. Most good sign shops can make the "Regulator" sticker.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast

Mine is awlgrip waterline boot stripe. If I ordered another today Id do it the exact same way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4B3CEA6D-1638-4CE9-A69D-97ACF909704D.jpg (19.2 KB, 107 views)
<a href=http://s148.photobucket.com/user/clearcut3/media/Regulator/boat.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/clearcut3/Regulator/boat.jpg target=_blank>http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...lator/boat.jpg</a></a>
Old 08-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Chris View Post
How much is a roll from the dealer or Regulator? Would a local sign guy be less?
Hey there,
I did the vinyl boot stripe from Regulator dealer here in MA and it was around $50.00 for enough for a 23' classic. I had about a 3'-5' left over too.
So easy to apply too. I was quoted $500 to apply it. lol I did it in about an 60 minutes and smoothed it out with a squeegee- Looks perfect.
The Reg stickers for the bow were not expensive, I can double check the invoice if I can find it.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:08 AM

I replaced my stripes this year to freshen things up. I went old school on the sizes to keep everything lined up and easy. I did change colors and added the Regulator name at the bow. I ordered the stripes from Bootstripes.com who runs specials for THT members. Kit came with the stickers, the spacing tape, squeegee, and their special spray for wet method application. Regulator stickers came from the dealer. To remove the old stripes, I parked it in the sun for an hour and they came off clean and easy. On install, I ran one side dry and one side wet to test methods. The dry method was much more difficult to manage and left a few small bubbles. The wet method was a total breeze and is perfect. I highly recommend that strategy. Total stripe project was around $100. I also went with the new style Regulator emblems at the stern of our 26. They make a nice difference too. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:40 AM

So I had new boot stripe made by a company for about 120$ Ordered the new style raised regulator decals and regulator stickers that go on stripe up front those were about 150$
Removed the old boot stripe using an eraser wheel then wet sanded the entire hull followed by compound/polish/wax and it came out amazing looks like a completely different boat
Old 10-29-2018, 01:17 PM

heres pics of mine without the bootstripe and with the new bootstripe from Regulator. Makes a world of a difference IMO. Definitely get the "Regulator" sticker as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boat 9.jpg (82.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg boat 10.jpg (93.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg boat 3.jpg (93.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg boat 7.jpg (98.3 KB, 55 views)