RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > The Live Well

Old 05-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast

Default Boat Test Video

It isn't exactly Regulator related, but I've been helping with some boat test videos for Open Bow and we just put the first one up. One of my personal favorites, a 27 Onslow Bay. We will be covering some other offshore center consoles in the near future, including a 26 Reg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbX9fTd5SIA
Old 05-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast

Default Video

Watched the video yesterday. Very nice video well done! Cant wait for the next one. Nice boat!!

"Doubled Up"
2004 23 Classic
Twin F150's
Old 05-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Enthusiast

Nice! Did you ever do a review of the 23?
Old 05-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast

Openbow is a new service recently started by my neighbor, Doug Phillips. He was very fortunate to solicit the services of the master cinema-photographer (Craig).

Good luck in finding a 26' Regulator to review.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

Good video, great info. I think itís a strong format and look forward to seeing more.

Two things I would add to the video...the deck gutter system is good at keeping water off deck but itís amazing how blood, fish particles, scales gets caught up unread those hatches and in the gutter itself. Had two boats with that system and you Just need to be ready to open every hatch and chase the gutters down from bow to stern to clean them right and keep boat smelling fresh.

Second, the scupper system is also good until fish guts, scales, line, wrappers or whatever clogs them up. Seems like we are constantly swiping clean on a big trip...first world problems I know and maybe better than having non fish related stuff flush overboard on a bigger scupper opening like on the Regs.

When I bought my 26, the OB was also at the top of my list. Small inventory and price led my route but Iíve always loved the OB boats. Dream is a 33 with trip 300s...

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:29 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah the scupper system on the OB is similar to my old style 23, the non-oblong scuppers. This was the first boat test for Doug so we're constantly learning and tweaking how we want to do the next one. This one did not help my lust for a 27 OB.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

one other thing to consider...it may be cool to have owners chime in on these videos about what they like and don't like on their boats. Let folks see what actual owners are saying...I don't know if that's a special comments section or a link to a stand alone page. But there are things we all like and don't like about our boats...and if it's an honest and open analysis, and folks give both the good and the bad, it will be a invaluable source for folks in the market to buy or just out researching options (like a lot of us do just for fun).

My 2 cents. Probably worth less...