RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Jbreeze Jbreeze is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Nassau County, NY
Posts: 20
Default 23 classic lift bunk spacing

Hi all, finally got her home yesterday a 2008 23 classic w Yamaha 350, very impressed w the ride and power from the 350. I have a question on proper lift bunk spacing i have a 15K Lb Davit Master lift, my prev cc was a 20ft and not a deep v so the bunks were space about 3ft apart (they are wood bunks w carpet - i used to keep my 30ft cabin cruiser on it when i 1st purchased it), can anyone tell me what the proper spacing is on their lift plz (or bunk trailer i would imagine same). thank you for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Pi-Seas Pi-Seas is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mathews, VA
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreeze View Post
Hi all, finally got her home yesterday a 2008 23 classic w Yamaha 350, very impressed w the ride and power from the 350. I have a question on proper lift bunk spacing i have a 15K Lb Davit Master lift, my prev cc was a 20ft and not a deep v so the bunks were space about 3ft apart (they are wood bunks w carpet - i used to keep my 30ft cabin cruiser on it when i 1st purchased it), can anyone tell me what the proper spacing is on their lift plz (or bunk trailer i would imagine same). thank you for the help.
I had a similar question a few years ago for my 21. Al Partin sent me the line drawing with dimensions and said that the bunks should support the outboard strakes; the one he gave me was for the 23, and he gave me the dimensions for the 21 that I worked from. I have attached the drawing he sent me. The challenge you have is that you need 4" x 12" bunks to accommodate the deadrise properly.

I just got a brand new lift put in and am at this moment taking a break from adjusting the bunks - I made mine too narrow in the front. The bunks on my trailer are 32" apart inside edge to inside edge, which is about 36" from bunk center to bunk center, which puts them inside of the outboard strakes. If I use the outboard strakes, the keel hits the lift crossmember, so I have to use the inboard strakes intstead.

I think the math makes it 2 feet 8.5 inches from keel center to the strake on each side, so the spacing would be double that. I hope the pdf loads okay for you to look at and have the exact numbers. If not, pm me your email address, and I'd be happy to send it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 23trailerspec.pdf (2.38 MB, 24 views)
__________________
1999 21 Reg Classic (π Seas)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2018, 11:15 PM
Mackeral44 Mackeral44 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 11
Default

PM sent PI-seas
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Pi-Seas Pi-Seas is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mathews, VA
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackeral44 View Post
PM sent PI-seas
I didn't get your pm but sent one to you that also has my email just in case.
__________________
1999 21 Reg Classic (π Seas)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2018, 08:40 PM
jacktyler820's Avatar
jacktyler820 jacktyler820 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: forked river
Posts: 89
Default

Set them 30-32 apart it will be a good start lift boat and then you can see may have to move in out inch or so. If your bunks are standard 2.5x8.
__________________

26 Regulator
Vinyl Decision
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-07-2018, 09:00 AM
21Reg 21Reg is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4
Default

I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm getting a trailer built for my 21 right now and unfortunately I don't have the boat right now so I cant measure.

PI-Seas can you send me the measurements for how you have your trailer set up? . Is the 32" apart inside edge to inside edge putting the bunks in between the outboard strake and inboard strake? Do I also need the 4 x 12" bunks to accommodate the deadrise or is that only for the 23?

Last edited by 21Reg; 06-07-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Pi-Seas Pi-Seas is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mathews, VA
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Reg View Post
I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm getting a trailer built for my 21 right now and unfortunately I don't have the boat right now so I cant measure.

PI-Seas can you send me the measurements for how you have your trailer set up? . Is the 32" apart inside edge to inside edge putting the bunks in between the outboard strake and inboard strake? Do I also need the 4 x 12" bunks to accommodate the deadrise or is that only for the 23?
I am 99% certain that the 32" was from center of the bunk to center of the other bunk. I don't have any pictures of it, but my trailer cross-members have a big dip to accommodate the deadrise. My bunks are regular 4x4 I believe.

My notes on the 4x12 was primarily because lifts don't have the big dip - they are straight across, so you need some elevation on the bunks to account for the deadrise.

I will be able to take a picture on Saturday and give you the exact measurements. The trailer was already set up when I bought it.
__________________
1999 21 Reg Classic (π Seas)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-11-2018, 07:38 AM
Pi-Seas Pi-Seas is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mathews, VA
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Reg View Post
I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm getting a trailer built for my 21 right now and unfortunately I don't have the boat right now so I cant measure.

PI-Seas can you send me the measurements for how you have your trailer set up? . Is the 32" apart inside edge to inside edge putting the bunks in between the outboard strake and inboard strake? Do I also need the 4 x 12" bunks to accommodate the deadrise or is that only for the 23?
Sorry it took so long to get back. Here is my setup - I apologize that I don't have a picture of the boat on the trailer to give you a better idea of how it looks/works.

These are 4" x 6" x 8' bunks with indoor/outdoor carpet (I replaced about 2 years ago).
34" from inside edge to inside edge

45 1/2" from outside edge to outside edge - should also help provide you with the angle, but I'm pretty sure it was constructed with the 20* deadrise at the transom.

There is a 10" drop from the top of the bunks the top of the curved cross-member.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trailer 1a.jpg (96.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Trailer 2a.jpg (96.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Trailer 3a.jpg (93.7 KB, 7 views)
__________________
1999 21 Reg Classic (π Seas)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2018, 03:07 PM
21Reg 21Reg is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-Seas View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back. Here is my setup - I apologize that I don't have a picture of the boat on the trailer to give you a better idea of how it looks/works.

These are 4" x 6" x 8' bunks with indoor/outdoor carpet (I replaced about 2 years ago).
34" from inside edge to inside edge

45 1/2" from outside edge to outside edge - should also help provide you with the angle, but I'm pretty sure it was constructed with the 20* deadrise at the transom.

There is a 10" drop from the top of the bunks the top of the curved cross-member.
Awesome, thank you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2017