RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Old 12-30-2020, 08:22 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicarde View Post
Looks great. Iíll be following along. I have an Ď03 32 and am also redoing the dash, putting all new electronics and a new panel in. Did you use starboard to flush mount?
Thank you, so I removed the starboard trim ring and the black starboard and black fiberglass frame ring on the inside. So when you look at it from behind it is just flush fiberglass opening as well.

I wanted to have the look of no screws on the starboard panel so I had to take my time and mock up, drill and find the correct length screw for each hole. The fiberglass frame around mine varies so much in thickness and I didn't want to go thru the face of the 1/2" starboard I used. I needed to put a few ledgers along the top to screw into as well. After that I removed the panel siliconed it and reinstalled. It was every bit of 2 hours by myself mocking it up but all of 3 minutes to install it.

So Yes that it is white 1/2" starboard and the units are 7612's.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast

Progress pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0677.jpg (20.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0678.jpg (14.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0679.jpg (8.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0680.jpg (13.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0684.jpg (12.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-16-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle0930 View Post
The Gas shocks I still have not found yet. Been a bit busy with other projects, and have not found the best price for the few that I need.
I replaced all 6 speakers on the boat already and the amp. I did 4- 6.5 JLs in the bow and midship. Did two 7.5s on the stern bulkhead wall facing forward. The amp is 6/600 JL. I did mess with the amp a bit and it is super clear, just does not have much bass at all. I have not found a spot for a sub and not positive I am going to put one in just yet. Need to hear it out on the water first. Whatever you choose make sure the OHMs and impedance on the speakers match the amp.
I have two Icoms in the upper radio box. Put in an older 504 and a new 506.
The Lumitec rail 2 under gunnels are awesome. I did white/red/blue, 8 12", very bright and happy with them.
We hope to get our 300s by early spring, can't wait.
I can help you with any knowledge I might have to assist you as well.
Dave
Dave - I found the gas shocks at Wholesale Marine. The old ones were so rusted I couldn't read the sizing but I got 20" 40 lb for the livewell and compartment next to it and 20" 60 lb for the fishbox. I put them in and they seem to be the right ones both by length and strength.

Regards

Nick
Old 01-16-2021, 11:38 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you for the info and the location on where you bought them. I am going to grab some of them for sure. I have been busy with removing the leaning post because I found some loose/stripped mounting screws. I will post pictures soon. I pushed it 1" forward when I remounted to the deck as well. I felt there was too much room in between the console and the seat prior and you always can use more cockpit room. I contacted Al and he said re-bed it with 4200 and add more screws which I did. That should now last another 15 plus years. So my transom drains from my livewell and insulated cooler on the stern thru hulls needed to be replaced. Anyone do this yet? Also why in the world are they Teed into the thruhull down in the tab area? I can't figure out why at all? Only thing I can figure is they want air into that tab area for some reason?
Old 01-19-2021, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle0930 View Post
Thank you for the info and the location on where you bought them. I am going to grab some of them for sure. I have been busy with removing the leaning post because I found some loose/stripped mounting screws. I will post pictures soon. I pushed it 1" forward when I remounted to the deck as well. I felt there was too much room in between the console and the seat prior and you always can use more cockpit room. I contacted Al and he said re-bed it with 4200 and add more screws which I did. That should now last another 15 plus years. So my transom drains from my livewell and insulated cooler on the stern thru hulls needed to be replaced. Anyone do this yet? Also why in the world are they Teed into the thruhull down in the tab area? I can't figure out why at all? Only thing I can figure is they want air into that tab area for some reason?
I had that issue with the leaning post. I didnt move it forward but I did drill more holes and re-bed. Seems to be holding great 3 years later. I have noticed the T's but I have not swapped the thru hulls. That sounds like a job lol
Old 01-27-2021, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast

While doing the thru hulls up in the trough drains, I noticed some discoloration in the vertical wall above the drain plug. After 20 holes drilled and about 2 gallons of water drained I have realized the stern has a water issue. Tomorrow is going to be a grinding kind of day to find out where this came from. I did notice that my starboard trim tab was replaced at one time. Needless to say they didn't let the silicone dry prior to splashing. In these pictures you can see where the silicone almost fell off in my hands and the rust stains from the water coming in. The bilge glass is solid brown solid, and has that dark moldish look when full of water. Glad I found this now. More to come.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sil.jpg (96.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg tab.jpg (98.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg black.jpg (95.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg black2.jpg (98.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg black3.jpg (97.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 01-27-2021, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast

I began drawing arrows with a marker to remind me where I drilled a hole. After 10 holes I knew there was an issue
Old 02-03-2021, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast

After all the glass was all removed and both leaking trim tabs, we are in the drying process. Joys of loving a boat and spending hours in the bilge. Glad I found it all now. Previous owner kept the boat rack kept, I wonder if the forklift operator had anything to do with this?

Still moving along with other projects, new rod holders, all new Yamaha rigging, hinges and more. I will get some more stuff up soon. Did find some new compound, polish and wax. Pretty happy with it so far. Better than the Smoove in my opinion. Still going to top coat with Collinites wax.

More to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0929.jpg (19.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0965.jpg (9.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0966.jpg (11.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-02-2021, 07:07 AM
Enthusiast

It has been a while since an update. Bilge finally dried, so I was able to get two layers of 1708 on it all. This weekend I will go back for my final top coat and then I can paint the bilge and clean up the wiring.
LLebroc helm seats are installed as well. Went with the larger individual seats rather than the Billfish with the 26 only because the leaning post is much wider.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1055.jpg (98.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1034.jpg (91.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1035.jpg (91.6 KB, 15 views)