RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Old 12-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Enthusiast

Powdercoating just that seat back is cheap $$ and easy to remove, if it looks bootleg with the clamps I would just drill it and recoat when it starts to chip and look bad. Same with the gelkote, minicraft in florida has a color matched hole patch kit that I have used and is awesome. I got a bad batch that didn't match at all and they overnighted me a fresh one that was perfect.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:38 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks. I will see what I can work out with the clamps and then decide what to do next. The clamps are small so should be unobtrusive, but the 1” pipe size was too small so I have ordered some 1.25 and 1.5 to see what will fit best. At 60 cents each the shipping is the expensive part.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Enthusiast

So i just called Lebroc to ask a few questions

The backrest is not attached to the base and must be attached to the rocket launcher. It is a completely separate piece. The arms are attached to the base and the aluminum arms are the only aluminum visible, so you can select the powder color you want.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, exactly. I have gotten the seat cushion mounted, now I am working on mounting the backrest. One of the things I am trying to work out is what height I should make it. If I put it right down onto the cushion it fits perfectly, on my 26 the space to the rocket launcher is perfect, so that is one alternative.

But it feels like it might be a little bit too low, although it is comfortable.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:31 PM

I am thinking about doing the same in my 29. Please post pics of the finished console. Good luck!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:05 PM

Rich53, just temporary block it up or down until it feels comfortable. I stuck one of my 50s in the rocket launcher just to make sure the real didn't hit the top of the seat.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

So the install is done, as i described in my previous posts I used a starboard plate mounted to the seat cushion using their 6 threaded inserts, and then used three 1/4" carriage bolts down through the starboard through the same holes, drilled out to 1/4" as were used to mount the track for the original seat cushion. Then I mounted the seat back to the rocket launcher using three 1.25" "Oatey" plastic pipe clamps, they were just fractionally loose, which let me wrap one layer of self bonding rigging tape around the pipe before I put the clamps on to keep the clamps from being up against the powder coat. I think in the end this is the best solution to keep from damaging the powdercoat, and to make it so I could take the whole seat off and go back to the original if I ever felt a need without their being any visible changes to the boat.

Really comfortable, but haven't been out in it yet, should be able to by the end of the week.

Only task left is to figure out how to make the clamps white, at the moment playing with painting some with Plasti-Dip, and if I don't like that just with regular white paint, my experiments with some krylon white paint/primer combination show that it sticks very well and doesn't crack when you flex the clamp to get it around the pipe.

Pictures attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat1a.jpg (87.7 KB, 421 views)
File Type: jpg Seat2.jpg (94.7 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg Seat3.jpg (90.9 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg Seat4.jpg (88.9 KB, 314 views)
Old 12-18-2018, 03:55 PM
Enthusiast

Clamps for Central Vac piping are white, just not sure what the size is.

"Prey Drive"
1999 26FS Twin 250 E-Tec
Old 12-28-2018, 11:17 PM

That looks great!
14' Rowboat for sale
Old 12-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Enthusiast

We have been using them now for a about a week, we boat down south in the winter so no “down” season for us. My wife loves the seats, and they are working really well for me. The 38” width seems to have been a good compromise, two people can fit across, but it does mean that it overhangs a bit on each side.

Really comfortable running standing up, the bolster folded up just nestles right in the small of your back, and with the bolster down and your feet on the foot rest it also works really well. Sitting is also comfortable, but it is a reach to the wheel. I don’t have an autopilot, if I had one this would be perfect.