RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Old 01-18-2021, 06:59 PM

Default Mid 90's cap and hull attachment question

I have a 1996 26' classic and the previous owner replaced the rub rail. When looking at the inside of my gunnel, I have the feeling the attachment points were spaced considerably further apart than the original structural plan because there are a number of "empty hole" and the bolt spacing is inconsistent and far apart. Does anyone have the engineering schematic or pictures of the underside of a stock gunnel to give me an idea of what the attachment points are and whether I am missing any? All help appreciated
Old 01-19-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper1221 View Post
I have a 1996 26' classic and the previous owner replaced the rub rail. When looking at the inside of my gunnel, I have the feeling the attachment points were spaced considerably further apart than the original structural plan because there are a number of "empty hole" and the bolt spacing is inconsistent and far apart. Does anyone have the engineering schematic or pictures of the underside of a stock gunnel to give me an idea of what the attachment points are and whether I am missing any? All help appreciated
I don't have pictures but I just pulled my bolsters last weekend, the attachment points looked fairly close together, maybe very foot or 18" if I recall correctly. I didn't pay too much attention but did notice them.

I can try to take some photos this week.