RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > The Edge

Old 05-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Default MD members.

Are there other members who fish both the Chesapeake and trailer to OC to fish offshore ?

Bert
Old 05-09-2017, 08:59 PM

Fish the Bay from Annapolis in 2005 23' FS single F250. Fish on others boats outta OC here and there...

Fitz
Old 05-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Enthusiast

I have a buddy who lives in Easton and used to trailer his 32 all over the place...OC down to Oregon Inlet...you looking for a buddy boat or insight?
Old 05-10-2017, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up New to the area

Hi,
I have a 99 23ft Regulator CC. I have fished out of Cape May the last 10 years but just moved down here... I have moved the boat to Kent Island temporarily. I plan on moving the boat to IRI. I have fished out of DE before. For those that fish OC MD, is the fishing that much better than IRI? I know all the ocean side spots of DE since they are many of the spots I hit when I was in Cape May.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskey View Post
I have a buddy who lives in Easton and used to trailer his 32 all over the place...OC down to Oregon Inlet...you looking for a buddy boat or insight?
A little of both. I used to follow a couple of fishing boards back when they were more active and the shared info was always helpful. I also made some good friends.

I look forward to communicating on the rip.

Bert
Old 05-10-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hi,
I have a 99 23ft Regulator CC. I have fished out of Cape May the last 10 years but just moved down here... I have moved the boat to Kent Island temporarily. I plan on moving the boat to IRI. I have fished out of DE before. For those that fish OC MD, is the fishing that much better than IRI? I know all the ocean side spots of DE since they are many of the spots I hit when I was in Cape May.
That depends on the type of fishing you do. For offshore it changes week to week and day to day. IRI and OC are about the same distance to the Baltimore Canyon but when the bite is in the Wilmington IRI has the advantage. If it's in the Washington OC is closer.

Fishing the wrecks you are fishing the same waters but the OC Reef Foundation wrecks are generally to the South of IRI.( BTW a $50 donation to the OCRF gets you the #s for over 100 project reefs and wrecks)

I think for simmer and fall rock (striper) fishing IRI is the better port.

Bert
Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 AM

I'd like to hear more about fishing this area. Especially the lower Bay and Inshore. Not needing specifics but just general info on how the fishing. How has it been over the years? Is it maintaining? Declining? My wife and I are discussing a move to this area. I am looking at areas that would be a good to great fishing area as well. Will be fishing on a 23 Classic with twin F150's.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriegardless View Post
I'd like to hear more about fishing this area. Especially the lower Bay and Inshore. Not needing specifics but just general info on how the fishing. How has it been over the years? Is it maintaining? Declining? My wife and I are discussing a move to this area. I am looking at areas that would be a good to great fishing area as well. Will be fishing on a 23 Classic with twin F150's.
The Lower Bay is a wonderful place to fish and live and conditions have improved tremendously in the last 10 years especially on the Eastern Shore side. Stripers, speckled trout, red drum, black drum, cobia and quite a few more species are there to find.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:17 PM

I have a 26 reg. Express. I live in northern Baltimore county but I fish where ever the bite is. Mainly fish out of chincoteague va When running off shore. I'll hit oc and vb when the bite forces me to. Bay fishing I mostly run out of sandy point or solomons. I can cover most of the upper and middle bay from those two spots. Once and a while I may the haul to cape Charles but that's been a few years. I take the boat to harkers island in the fall to fish for King Mack black fin and wahoo. right now It's all offshore trips for me. Went out of oc last Two trips doing fair on the chunk bite. Last trip we went 2/3 on yft 50lb class and trip prior went 5/7 on 30-50 lb class fish. I'm always willing to share info and work with others to stay on the fish.