RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > 24 Degree Club

Old 09-17-2018, 09:07 PM

Default 26' stringer (grid) problems

I know the grid system was notorious for coming loose in the bow area of older 26 cc's. you obviously want to have structural integrity throughout the hull but would you be able to tell if there is a problem without visually inspecting the area? I want everything to be right but I don't want to cut into the deck if it isn't a huge problem if it isn't still firmly attached. Cost/benefit??
Old 09-19-2018, 10:59 AM

What makes you thing there is a problem?
Old 09-28-2018, 10:55 AM

Before I bought my 26 I called Regulator and asked bout the stringer issue. I was told it didn't effect as many boats as the internet would leave you to believe. They then told me what to look for and told me to send them pictures of the area if I wan't sure or had any questions. The boat I bought didn't have a problem. Regulator was very helpful and forth coming.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:41 PM

Were any other models affected with grid problems? I have a 23 and once I heard of the problems with the 26 it made me start wondering. I have a hard time believing it was isolated to the 26. What would be the reason it only affected the 26?
Old 10-04-2019, 12:54 PM

buzzk--where did they tell you to look and take pictures for the stringer problems? I'm looking at a 98 Reg 26 and want to be sure i'm checking all the possible problem areas.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:05 AM

Boatshop-is the boat you are looking at located in Mass ,blue hull with green bottom paint ?
Old 10-13-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshop85 View Post
buzzk--where did they tell you to look and take pictures for the stringer problems? I'm looking at a 98 Reg 26 and want to be sure i'm checking all the possible problem areas.
From what I remember I was told to look along the chines especially in the area parallel to the cc. Also if you see any cracks along the bottom. My boat didn't have any bottom paint and was able to look it over really well. I have an Express and didn't have any cracks anywhere. When I replaced my fuel tank we had to cut the deck out and confirmed that I didn't have any problems.