RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > The Live Well

Old 03-31-2020, 08:13 AM

Default Any ideas where to buy custom t top for 23 regulator classic? I知 in ct.

Looking to buy a custom t top for my 23 regulator. Any help would be great. I知 in Connecticut willing to travel.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:45 AM
Enthusiast

Welcome! Where in CT are you?

There are a few good Welding shops around depending where you are. RI also has some very good shops.

Chris
Old 04-01-2020, 08:30 PM

I知 in mystic ct
Old 04-03-2020, 09:07 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman904 View Post
Looking to buy a custom t top for my 23 regulator. Any help would be great. I知 in Connecticut willing to travel.
Call Seamless marine. Ask for Jeff. He's the owner and very knowledgeable about Regulators. Prior to starting Seamless, he was one of the "J's" in J&J. If you aren't familiar, at one point J&J was fabricating ALL of the T-Top on Regulators sold by Oyster Harbor Marine. At the peak he built 50+Regulator tops annually.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:40 AM

I talked to Jeff yesterday he said he痴 out of business and sold his molds
Old 04-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Enthusiast

If you want best in business with finest craftsmanship for amazingly fair numbers thats Fritz and T-tops etc LLC in Delaware . He did 2 T tops for my boats and both came out better than original manufacturer. He takes 1 boat per week and only works on your boat and will follow guadlines the way you want it done . Details and welds on his tops are works of art . You drop the boat and pick it up in a week. He also does any details you ask for like rocket launcher ,electronic box,t top anchor light ,speakers or any electronics you want up there installed . He does piping so theres unobstructed view from the console looking forward over the windshield. On his website there are many completed examples of his magic. I highly recommend him. Few of my friends took their boat there are were equally pleased. I know its some trip from CT to Delaware but if you want the best work for very fair price this is the place.I live in north Jersey so it wasnt arount the corner for me either but I wouldnt go anywhere else if I have to do it all over again.

Last edited by vze2gbs4; 04-08-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

Oyster Harbors in MA has one they put on all the Regulators...it's more simple and smaller than the ones that came out of the factory. Might be worth a call to see if they will sell you one.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskey View Post
Oyster Harbors in MA has one they put on all the Regulators...it's more simple and smaller than the ones that came out of the factory. Might be worth a call to see if they will sell you one.

I have an OH T Top and Love it. If they can/will still make the older ones, i would 100% recommend them. Its beefy but lean enough to not take up too much room when passing the console.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Enthusiast

Guys -T top option on Regulator is what 7-10 K-Im sure OH is in these guidelines to get it-small independent shops are charging half that -finding used original T top for 23 Regulator is loooooong shot-I hope OP realize this - I think his only option is custom job unfortunately-there are el cheapo options-Atlantic towers in NJ has T top DIY that comes in pieces and put it together - problem is this pretty much one size fits all so legs and cross members wont follow curves of the console of the 23 Reg.I would pretty much google all custom fabricators in 300 miles radius and start calling and getting quotes -there is no better time to do it than now-those mom-pop shops are starving for job to survive these days