RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Old 01-11-2018, 10:10 PM
Enthusiast

Have you pressure tested to be sure there is a leak?
Old 01-12-2018, 07:09 AM

It's been pressure tested twice. One time the marina said it passed the second one didn't. Even if the tank isn't compromised, there's absolutely no way to get all that crap out. I've literally been trying to burn through it by changing filters for two years. I just can't have it anymore. I'm losing money during our already short commercial season and the runs to find fish are long early on. The rust along the rear baffle leads me to believe something has been or is close to being compromised.

I mean, sooner or later if you plan on keeping these boats for the long term, the tanks gonna need to be replaced. I figure if I do it right the first time I won't have to worry about this for a LONG time. I've had a bunch of guys come back and look at it who've been around building and replacing boats for the majority of their lives. They all seem to agree that the tank isn't going "to rid itself" of all that crap even if it isn't compromised. If I do all the work myself I don't think it'll cost me more thank 3k with materials. That's 2-3 fishing days that I've missed each year. Believe me, I don't really want to open her up but it seems like the only solution at this point.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Enthusiast

Got it. That is a lot of crud to last that long in there.

Here is a thread on reinstalling a 23 console which includes removal. Hope it helps.

http://www.redregulator.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3300
Old 01-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Enthusiast

Wow!! This is the first regulator tank Iíve seen needing replacing. With that said, I have noticed water sitting on top of the foam going around my fuel tank. Keep us updated with progress
Old 01-12-2018, 01:56 PM

I appreciate the help fellas. I'll be sure to take a lot of pics and update when I can. Its pretty crazy I can't find anything online about someone actually replacing one. Waiting to hear back from Al regarding how I should go about making the cuts through the front lip the console sits on. To be honest there's a lot less cutting of rigid deck than I thought. Most of the t top screws are out. A few of them are a little stuck. Gonna hit them with a touch of pb.