RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Old 05-24-2018, 12:55 AM

You gotta fill me in on what the "low beer alarm" and the "eject" switches do. Nice touch!
Old 05-24-2018, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreeze View Post
Very nice... Question did you have to do any touch-up's to the white powder coating on any of the t-top? I am picking up my 2008 23 classic with white powder coated t-top this weekend and there are a few spots where the enclosure attached to the t-top frame scratched some of the powder coating, causing some flaking of it. Looking to touch it up and at least hide it best i can as i don't want to make it a major project out of it. Thx
I just had to repair some welds and this was the only product I could find, amazingly it came out close to perfect in a very visible area! Once I have some time to wet sand it I think it will be impossible to see the repair. Make sure you use an aluminum cleaner/ conversion coating on the bare metal and prime with a chromate primer for aluminum. The one thing I will warn you about is that the paint floats forever and over spray got on everything even with an awesome masking job. short of covering the entire boat you will be cleaning over spray off so make sure you have wax on everything and it will wipe right off. Cover all soft stuff and plastics and anything else you cant wax! Good luck, also don't buy on amazon, the one seller sent me a faulty can and it didn't even spray, the link below is who I got it from and had no issue. One more thing is its a very thin coating paint so you will need way more than you think. I used an entire can on a very small area of tube and I wish I put another two coats on but its fine so far. I got 7 light coats on but recommend 10, applying 1 coat every 10-15 minutes.

D510 - powdercoat touch up spay can (sky white)

https://www.technologylk.com/crl-sky...t-lk-D510.html
Old 05-24-2018, 10:50 PM

thank you for that, sounds a bit complicated and that stuff expensive. I was going to sand lighlty, spray aluminum etching primer and a good white lacquer spray paint top layer & clear (someone mentioned the use outdrive paint). Do you feel this not good enough for small touchups?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudinbusta View Post
You gotta fill me in on what the "low beer alarm" and the "eject" switches do. Nice touch!
NewWire has some funny switches and for 4.99 the covers are replaceable interchangeable. Once i wire something to is i will update.. or just leave it for laughs.

The Low beer alarm is the USB charger and the Eject does nothing right now. But i told my kids that the eject button ejects whoever is sitting on the front cooler seat into the water (my wife always sits there). they haven't pushed it yet, but i am pretty sure they believe me.

Newwire is a great company to deal with. Super fast shipping and great products. very happy. Replaced all my switches for !~120 bucks
Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26fsCapeCod View Post
I just had to repair some welds and this was the only product I could find, amazingly it came out close to perfect in a very visible area! Once I have some time to wet sand it I think it will be impossible to see the repair. Make sure you use an aluminum cleaner/ conversion coating on the bare metal and prime with a chromate primer for aluminum. The one thing I will warn you about is that the paint floats forever and over spray got on everything even with an awesome masking job. short of covering the entire boat you will be cleaning over spray off so make sure you have wax on everything and it will wipe right off. Cover all soft stuff and plastics and anything else you cant wax! Good luck, also don't buy on amazon, the one seller sent me a faulty can and it didn't even spray, the link below is who I got it from and had no issue. One more thing is its a very thin coating paint so you will need way more than you think. I used an entire can on a very small area of tube and I wish I put another two coats on but its fine so far. I got 7 light coats on but recommend 10, applying 1 coat every 10-15 minutes.

D510 - powdercoat touch up spay can (sky white)

https://www.technologylk.com/crl-sky...t-lk-D510.html
Awesome. will add it to the list of things to do. thanks!

Chris