RedRegulatorForums  

Go Back   RedRegulatorForums > Model Specfic Tricks/Modifications

Old 12-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Enthusiast

Default 2002 23 Regulator

Hey everyone!
I am officially a regulator owner!!! Picked her up yesterday. Going to do one last spin and pull her out for the season.
My gosh, there are so many drain holes everywhere.
What's your method to the madness for winterizing; fuel, raw water wash down, drain holes, etc.
I usually drain the fuel and stabilize the last 10 gallons that I can't get out. I am wondering if I can do the same on this rig?
Any help on regulator winterizing tips are much appreciated!!

Snow is going to fly soon and need to get her to sleep.
Thanks dualie
Old 12-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Enthusiast

I've been putting my boats away with 1/3 tank of fuel and Stabil for the past 8 yrs without a problem. Run a trip in the spring then change filters. I throw a gallon of AF in forward fish box and run macerator pump.Back flush the baitwell with AF and run AF through the raw water via the keel pick up. Dis connect batteries and leave on boat. Used to take them home, but just put them on charge few days before launch.
Very easy boat to do compared to my old walk arounds.

"Get Bent"
Old 12-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum.
I have a 99 26. As far as fuel is concerned, I stabilize and leave tanks close to full. Someday it might bite me but, I don't buy into this whole E 10 hysteria. Been forced to use it and have not had a problem. (I'm knocking on wood with my fingers crossed now)
I remove the hose from the thru hull and stick it in an antifreeze gallon run the washdown, livewell and head and your done. I disconnect the hose to the macerator and leave it in the bilge. Fog's way may be a little safer.
Best of luck with your Regulator!

BTW Please don't use the "S" word this time of year.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast

Please forgive me.. but what and where is the macerator pump?

i can see a raw water pump with a sea cock lever, bilge pump in the bilge and a live well pump.

I pulled the plug on transom but there is still some standing water in the forward boxes (all three) (i have a 23 classic), live well behind the console. where does everything drain to? the bilge?

Also, saltwater runs to the spicket on the deck.

THanks!
Stefan
Old 12-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, it's scary. i am jacked up about boating too.

The S stuff needs to hold off for two more weeks so I can get her ready for bed.

-D
Old 12-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

I'm not 100% sure about the 23 but, my 3 forward boxes all connect to 1 outlet in the bilge. That hose is connected to a macerator pump mounted vertically (like the raw water pump) on a bulkhead in the bilge. It is plumbed to a through hull on the port side of the boat. It's supposed to get rid of fish slime and guts that got into the boxes. It's not the most efficient way of draining the forward boxes. I have mine just draining into the bilge when I'm not using the boxes to hold fish. The bilge pump then gets rid of any water from rain etc. Some guys have set up different types of pumps to drain the forward boxes.
I'm sure other 23 owners will chime in to clarify this.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Enthusiast

Welcome to this great web site. Do youself a favor, call Regulator Marine and ask for Al Partin. Give him your boat's ID and he will be able to give you the life history of your boat. Also, he will email you a copy of the 99 23' users manual as well as an electronic schematic. This will contain a ton of useful information for you.

Good luck.

Peter
Old 12-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterb View Post
Welcome to this great web site. Do youself a favor, call Regulator Marine and ask for Al Partin. Give him your boat's ID and he will be able to give you the life history of your boat. Also, he will email you a copy of the 99 23' users manual as well as an electronic schematic. This will contain a ton of useful information for you.

Good luck.

Peter
Best advice so far. Al is a great guy to deal with.
Macerator pump.....Don't know about your 23, but my large in deck fishbox drains through a macerator pump and over the side via a thru hull.
Two Forward fishboxes drain over the side via thru hulls.
Ask Al for your boat's documentation.

"Get Bent"
Old 12-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Enthusiast

Nice. Thanks everyone. Will do.
One more thought.... Where is the primer bulb to prime the motor with? I checked both battery boxes and nothing to be found. I didn't even think to look post sea trial.

I have 2002 yam 250 2 stroke.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Enthusiast

The primer bulb is located in the bilge area just above the fuel filter.if it has not been done I would also suggest removing the large hose that is attached to the masserator pump so that the front lockers drain into the bilge. When you winterize simply push the hose back on and put a gl of anti freez in the front locker, run the pump then and the remove the hose once again.

Never write a check with your mouth that your ass can't cash!...Clerow "Flip" Wilson Jr. 1968
1982 13 Boston Whaler Super Sport 40 Merc